New Student Yoga Etiquette
First Timer Tips
- Come 10-15 minutes early to sign up. Bring a water bottle, hand towel or large towel if you sweat a lot, and mat, first visit you can use one of our mats free.
- Let the teacher know if you have any injuries. Move at your own pace.
- Classes are performed barefoot. Please wear comfortable clothes, including shirts that are fitted enough to stay put when going upside down for your first downward facing dog pose.
- When entering the studio, remove your shoes. Shoe racks are at both the front and back door of the main studio.
- Mat rentals are free for your first visit, and a $1 rental after (we sell mats.)
What is proper etiquette when arriving to class?
- Kindly remove your shoes and place them in a cubby hole prior to entering the practice area.
- Please turn off your cell phone, Blackberry, Bluetooth and any other device to avoid disruption.
- Bring only capped/lidded beverages into the yoga space (e.g., water bottles with caps or travel mugs).
- The instructor will close the doors to the yoga space 10 minutes into class to minimize disruption. Therefore, plan on arriving at least 5-10 minutes prior to your scheduled class to allow time for removing your belongings, signing in, and setting up your mat and props.
- Please sign yourself in on the Sign-In Sheet.
- If you have a “Class Pass” it should be presented for validation. Drop-in students should pay in advance. If class has started and the door is open, please enter silently and considerately.
What is proper etiquette when departing class?
- Neatly put away any props you have used during class: fold blankets, roll straps, and stack the blocks and bolsters.
- Roll-up your personal mat and mindfully exit the practice area.
- Please observe silence if others have chosen to remain in relaxation or meditation.
What else should I be mindful of?
- Refrain from wearing perfumes or lotions that have strong fragrances as some students may be allergic.
- Wear comfortable clothing that will allow you to move and relax.
- Avoid clothing so tight as to disrupt your ability to breath and relax.
- Please consider bringing a hand towel (especially vigorous classes).
New Student Special
Buy one week of Yoga for $34.99
and get the 2nd week FREE! Sign up today!